Technical Manager - Chief Engineer
South Yorkshire - UK
The MCA Stockpile Technical Manager is responsible for ensuring the safe, efficient and effective operation of all response bases within their region. The MCA Stockpile Technical
Manager is also fundamental to the overall financial success of the company, ensuring that budgets are prepared and adhered to, turnover is achieved and monies are brought into the company as soon as possible. The MCA Stockpile Technical Manager will also be the face of the company, meeting clients to generate new business, deal with customer complaints and for large-scale incidents act as Incident Manager. The MCA Stockpile Technical Manager will also act as the Duty Manager, being the first point of contact for the client during incidents.
* Investigate and take remedial action for all customer complaints
* Identify and prioritise actions that are required to improve performance and achieve objectives, making recommendations for the improvement of standards, protocols and operating procedures
* Act, on a rota basis, as Duty Manager for the company as a whole
* Where deemed appropriate, represent the company at Incidents, undertaking the role of Incident Manager
* Hold a Class 1 CoC Chief Engineers ticket
* Knowledge of related technical interfaces required for group project work.
* Knowledge of ships' engineering systems and machinery.
* Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, pertinent information relative to an assigned area of technical expertise.
* Ability to analyse problems and propose solutions.
* Responsiveness to customers.
* Ability to work well with others.
* Must be willing to travel
* Must be located within a commutable distance to Barnsley