Faststream is the global leader in Shipping and Maritime recruitment. From our offices in UK, Singapore and U.S, we provide our clients with a complete partnership for permanent, contract and temporary staffing. For this requirement, Faststream has aligned with a worldwide leader in the Marine Shipping Industry. They are searching for an IT Support Specialist based in the Houston, TX area to be a part of their IT Management Team.
Responsibilities for the IT Support Specialist will include but are not limited to:
* Provide first line IT support for end user request/ issues logged through our help desk system.
* Escalate any IT incidents or requests that require further diagnosis to IT Management Team and to monitor the progress of these incidents and requests until resolution.
* Maintain a high degree of customer service.
* Support users in the use of IT equipment by providing the appropriate guidance where necessary.
* Ensure workstations, laptops, and mobile phones are set up for new users.
* Remote assistance for hardware such as workstations, monitors, printers, mobiles, etc. As well as facilities and office management.
* Microsoft Word support including an understanding of drive mapping and user profiles. User management involving Microsoft Active Directory, such as password resets.
Suitable candidates will have:
* Associate Degree with 18+ months of relevant IT Support experience.
* Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
* Effective in communicating technical information to end users.
* Well organized and able to document all work.
* Good knowledge of computer hardware.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office; preferably Windows 7 and 10, Outlook & Excel.
* Good knowledge of remote support tools.
* Good time management and self-motivation.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Environment and familiarity with
* Windows Server 2012R2.
* Some working knowledge of network infrastructure, devices and phone systems.
* Some working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync on Android, and iOS