Primary function is to examine and report on Bulk Carriers and Tankers relative to compliance with the applicable requirements for maintaining the vessel in Classification and meeting associated statutory and special service requirements related to Safety of Life at Sea, Loadline, Tonnage, Cargo Gear and Pollution Prevention Certification.
- Acts as a professional specialist for the organization in the application of related rules, regulations, requirements, concepts, principles and processes.
- Performs routine surveys on classed vessels, platforms or other marine structures and at manufacturers for classification and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Prepares technically accurate and timely reports of inspections and surveys performed.
- Engages in contact with clients to resolve problems within area of expertise.
- Maintains survey files in an orderly and up-to-date manner in area of responsibility.
- Previous experience in IACS certified Classification Society is a must,
- Renewal/special survey experience for Bulk Carriers and Tankers,
- ISM/ISPC/MLC audit qualification,
- The candidate has to be already based in Singapore.