Ship's Agency Operator
To support the Company in providing an effective, confidential service to its users maintaining a Best Value approach to the service.
To have core agency experience in both wet and dry trades and experience in the US Gulf region would be advantageous.
The requirements and changes within the trade are such that you need to be able to work within a team environment, ensuring that colleagues are aware of their responsibilities and able to provide a high level of customer service with both principals and service companies.
Confidentiality relating to clients' business as well as in-house systems and business practice is paramount.
* Preparing and setting up of vessels in accordance with QMS requirements and utilization of in-house agency system.
* Communicating with principals, harbor authorities, service companies and other associated parties in a timely manner to meet requirements given.
* Follow Company procedures in accordance with the Port Agency Manual and Departmental Working Instructions and with regard to compliance with Key Performance Indicators. Review such procedures on a regular basis in order to maintain familiarity with them.
* Ensure documentation is completed correctly.
* Completion of official formalities (HM Customs, Immigration)
* Completion of company documentation and updating of in-house database.
* Boarding vessels
* Arranging all husbandry requirement (stores, water, doctors etc.,)
* To be confident and well organized.
* Computer literate and able to learn in-house systems.
* File data and perform other routine clerical tasks as needed.
* Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, phone, fax, calculator, shredding machine and photocopying machine
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of the business
* Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality and personal appearance
* Self-development and continuing personal development;
* Perform duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner and ensure 100% coverage of the workstation.
* Comply at all times with
o Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies, Instructions and Procedures as issued from time to time by the HSEQ Manager (full training will be given);
o Employment Law requirements;
o The Organization's Security Policy;
o The Organization's Bribery and Corruption Policy;
o Company rules and procedures as contained in the Staff Handbook.
* Undertake all business activities in accordance with the requirements of the ISO and OHSAS standards to which the company subscribes;
* Execute the responsibilities of the job role according to lawful and ethical standards;
* Any other duties/tasks of which you are capable, or for which you have trained or will receive training from the Company, as reasonably requested by the Ships Agency Manager or a Director
* Excellent understanding & experience in ship agency.
* Through knowledge of all government and state regulations regarding vessels and cargo.
* Confidentiality relating to clients' business as well as in-house systems and business practice is paramount.
* Thoroughly understands all aspects of requisite documentation
* Time and organizational skills
* Good telephone manner and technique
* Have the ability to follow a QA System and take pride in their work
* Applicants should be friendly, helpful and possess good social skills to deal with Customers, Agents and Suppliers at a direct level.
* Present excellent company image to both customers and staff;
* Customer orientated;
* Cheerful, willing and positive disposition;
* Able to work as part of a team but be prepared to take responsibility for own tasks;
* Confident and patient with Customers, Agents, Suppliers and rest of team;
* Acceptable to people at all levels in the organization;
* Reliable and supportive
* Able to work without close supervision
* Patient and steady under pressure
* Ability to prioritize competing tasks and strict deadlines.
* Must be able to commute reliably to office base.
* Able to work outside normal office hours.
* Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
* Full Driving License with maximum 3 penalty points
* Must be able to travel within the UK as required.
Must be adept in use of:
* MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Excel and Word;
* Access or similar database to basic level as well as
* Internet and email.