Our client, a major shipping company, is looking for a passionate Business Analyst to support their Fleet Director and Fleet Managers.
At this position, you will be in charge of the full financial aspect of the vessel's life cycle management and develop appropriate budget plans.
Moreover, you will work with Directors to ensure the alignment of actual expenses with budgets and if there are deviations create plans to realign expenses or manage the forecasting process to ensure the reports are built around accurate commercial analysis.
It will be your responsibility to present the performance against budget to the management team and identify all possibles gaps. You will also perform ad-hoc analysis.
You will also be leader in developing, identifying and implementing cost savings techniques.
As the financial lead in operations, you will be the link between F&A and the operations. It will be your responsibility to ensure financial results are in compliance with and adherence to company accounting policies.
- Accounting /Finance Degree
- Business/Financial analysis experience of 3 years minimum with expertise in modelling results and reporting standards
- Knows and is passionate about the shipping world
- Project management experience, able to think out of the box and to take initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to explain financial concepts in a positive and entertaining way
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.