Our client is a well-established global player in the maritime industry. As part of their expansion plan, hiring opportunities are now available for the role of an Associate Accountant for a brand new division. The ideal candidate will be a driven, independent accounting professional with robust technical knowledge in within the shipping arena. There are terrific opportunities for career progression in this role and preferred candidates would be team players with (at least) 2 or 3 years working knowledge in accounting processes.
- Ensure accounting processes from A to Z are promptly and accurately managed, and executed.
- Support the Finance department by preparing and overseeing banking transactions
- Actively engage with the management and colleagues to ensure service levels are maintained
- Involved in the accurate disbursement of payment to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure funding requests are made in a prompt and accurate fashion
Reporting/Budgeting & Control
- Quarterly, monthly and annual variance reports and budgeting
- Involved in annual audits, ensure they are performed in accordance with policies
- Perform month end closing
- Prepare monthly and annual schedules for relevant stakeholders
- Solid grasp of MS Excel and MS Word
- Proficient in ERP Systems (Please specify the systems you are familiar with)
- Strong organizing and communication skills
- Minimum Diploma or Degree in Accounting
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience in the shipping industry would be advantageous