Network & Infrastructure Architect
Faststream's client are a well known shipping line. In a highly strategic appointment our client are looking for an experienced Network & Infrastructure Architect to coordinate the design and management of critical network infrastructures. This is a very exciting opportunity to join a global business that is emerging as an industry leader and that is growing each year.
Candidates for this role with have 5+ years experience within the Telecom sector. A Telecommunication Engineering degree and experience with one of the main UK telecom operators will be highly beneficial.
- Evaluate infrastructure needs
- Coordinate design and manage rollout of network infrastructures
- Meet with management and vendors to develop/implement solutions on board ships
- Analytical, technical, cost analysis and developmental work on operating and capital expenses
- Management of communications core data networks, including design, installation and ongoing management
- Maintain a fully documented infrastructure and maintain performance according to SLA guarantees
- Participate in root cause analysis and act as a line of support (support includes some out of working hours work)
- Contribute to department activities
-5+ years direct experience in a telecommunications service provider network
-5+ years' experience designing & implementing comprehensive network solutions using HP-Cisco or other major network products
-Knowledge of WAN technologies, VSAT WAN optimisation
-Knowledge of redundancy & high availability protocols such as VRRP, HSRP, GLBP, SLB, LACP, PAGP
-Cruise/travel/shipboard IT operations/infrastructure and new builds is preferred
-Working with shipyards and 3rd party providers
-CCNA-wireless or Aruba (HP) mobility/design certified
-LAN/WAN support & engineering design
-Telephony switch networks
-TCP/IP data networks
-Cisco and HP routing hardware, software, protocols etc.
-Cabling system, network facilities, electrical, UPS etc.
-Router, switch and IP configuration
-Clear stakeholder communicator
-Ability to work alone, as a tech lead and as part of a team
Apply directly to state your interest, or call +44(0)2380 208763 in confidence.